<$BlogRSDURL$>
The Airing of Grievances
Tuesday, January 04, 2005
 
YIKES!
Walking to work, I saw an advertisement for Joan and Melissa Rivers' move to the TV Guide Channel, and I almost messed my drawers. It looked something like this:


Yikes. All that surgery looks like it hurts them. I saw some of "Muppets Take Manhattan" last night for a little bit, and Joan has a cameo in it. I swear to you it is a different person. I wonder if they had her fingerprints lifted too? And also, Melissa, I mean, you're like, what, 35. What are you going under the knife for? Do you think having the same f-ed up eyes as mom makes you or your mother look younger?

All this begs the question, at what point do we as a society stop putting up with awful plastic surgery? What happened to aging gracefully? When does the answer to the question "Does this make me look younger?" shift from "Sure, you look great," to "No, but it sure does make you look a lot more like a Siamese Cat!"

In any case, seeing Joan Rivers in person is a truly frightening experience. I hope you never have to witness it.
Comments-[ comments.]

Powered by Blogger