<$BlogRSDURL$>
The Airing of Grievances
Tuesday, January 04, 2005
 
Whatever
The Independent asks, "Could the tsunmai disaster be a turning point for the world?"
As the international aid effort grows and George Bush launches a fresh appeal, we ask politicians and commentators if 2005 might see a new determination to tackle global poverty
Kind of reminds me of my thought, after 9/11, that maybe our culture and tastes would change to reflect more serious times and reshuffled priorities. I can't say for sure when it happened, but I think it was something like a 38 days before J Lo's ass rightfully reclaimed its spot at the forefront of popular consciousness.

But, this is a natural disaster of biblical proportions. I give it 3 months before the industrialized world goes back to not giving a fuck about the impoverished.
Comments-[ comments.]

Powered by Blogger