<$BlogRSDURL$>
The Airing of Grievances
Tuesday, January 11, 2005
 
Blasphemy
Alright, I just saw something that made me throw up in my mouth.

Mastercard's new commercial features a guy calling a girl over and over after meeting her in the club, and then talking about how coverage against overage charges on your cell phone bill was priceless.

Mastercard must think that you can be bamboozled. That you have a short memory. That you would forget all about Nikki in the 310. That you'll forget who's a big fuckin' bear, man. That you don't know how to kill the bunny. That we'd forget who was so fuckin' money, he doesn't teven know it. Mastercard banked that you would want a constant commercial reminder of the most painful 2 minutes in the history of cinema.



Mastercard guessed wrong. I mean, the guy standing outside the club is calling "Vicky" over and over again. Hell, the guy even looks enough like Jon Favreau that I got close to the TV to see if it was Favreau that sold out. Thank God he didn't.

Not even close, Mastercard. Did you think that you could shill your product with a Mikey LOOKALIKE?!? No way man. I'm out. All VISA and AmEx for me now. Call ya never, Mastercard.

Mastercard's ad execs should be dragged by bumpers up Madison Avenue and publicly flogged for this one. Totally and completely disgraceful.
Comments-[ comments.]

Powered by Blogger