<$BlogRSDURL$>
The Airing of Grievances
Tuesday, December 28, 2004
 
Tsunami
As Cozmo said, "there aren't words for something like this." Here's an amateur video of the tsunami hitting Patong Beach. And here's another video shot by panic stricken tourists who apparently survived the disaster (click on "video" and "wall of water").

On a personal note, I was right across the street the day the Twin Towers fell. The sheer fear, horror and helplessness I felt that day is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. And while its senseless to compare the two tragedies, I can personally say that what I experienced is no where near as bad as what many of the people of Southeastern Asia went (and are going) through. My apartment was unharmed, none of my loved ones lost, and I had a place to direct my anger. I simply can not imagine the complete despair of those who were directly effected here. If there is a God, and stuff like this makes me wonder, I hope he does his very best to help them make it through.

(See Cozmo's post for information concerning donations.)
Comments-[ comments.]

Powered by Blogger