<$BlogRSDURL$>
The Airing of Grievances
Friday, December 31, 2004
 
Makes Me Sick
As long as we're on the WSJ and opportunistic political positions (is there really any other kind?), thought I'd mention a WSJ editorial today opining that democrats will hurt themselves further by attacking Clarence Thomas' (possible) nomination as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

If Thomas does in fact get the nod over Scalia, here's how it will go down. Thomas gets nominated. The democrats oppose his nomination because his record reflects that he basis his decisions on wingnuttery rather than logic. Then, the republicans say with a straight face that the democrats oppose Thomas' nomination because they are racists.

And when that shit starts, and trust me it will -- it already happened on a much smaller scale with Alberto Gonzalez -- I really may have to put myself in some type of media seclusion. I mean really, there's only so much pure unadulterated bullshit one man can take.

(Full disclosure: I have not read the op-ed as it is not available on-line. AofG all-star Kramer gave me the scoop.)
Comments-[ comments.]

Powered by Blogger