<$BlogRSDURL$>
The Airing of Grievances
Wednesday, December 15, 2004
 
In The Spirit of Crazy Joe Clark (aka Batman)
Wow, this is pretty unbelievable. A five-year old boy at the Thurgood Marshall Academy, a St. Louis charter school, was recently handcuffed for unruly behavior. My first impression was that the school was some kind of "vocational" one -- that they were simply preparing the little guy for his future "career." However, Sam Morgan, the principal, cleared things up:
"I'm trying to scare this kid straight," he said. "I would not be doing my job if I were not trying to get him on the right path."
Ummm, ok. In any event, the more I'm hearing about handcuffs, tasers and masochistic freaks instructing students to paddle them, the more I'm thinking that my children (if I have any) will be home schooled. Sheesh.
Comments-[ comments.]

Powered by Blogger