<$BlogRSDURL$>
The Airing of Grievances
Thursday, December 23, 2004
 
DECEMBER 23rd A FESTIVUS FOR THE REST OF US!!!!!


It has begun. In 1997, Seinfeld released its greatest episode of all time, The Strike. The episode had everything, Kramer taking his old job back, Jerry dating a "Two-Face" and Kramer imploring that Frank Costanza re-start his old holiday, Festivus. I will let Frank tell the Festivus story in his own words:

FRANK: Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reach for the last one they had - but so did another man. As I rained blows opon him, I realized there had to be another way!
KRAMER: What happened to the doll?
FRANK: It was destroyed. But out of that, a new holiday was born. "A Festivus for the rest of us!"
KRAMER: That musta been some kind of doll.
FRANK: She was.
[Scene Break, cuts back to scene minutes later]
FRANK: And at the Festivus dinner, you gather your family around, and you tell them all the ways they have disappointed you over the past year.
KRAMER: Is there a tree?
FRANK: No. Instead, there's a pole. It requires not decoration. I find tinsel distracting.
KRAMER: Frank, this new holiday of yours is scratching me right where I itch.
Right where I itch, indeed.

Since Festivus and its nomenclature are the progentior of everything we have been doing here at the AofG we have designated it one of the two major holidays on the AofG calendar(along with May 6th, Gordon Gekko's Birthday).



So grab your aluminum pole, and your placard, and fight for your right to Festivus. Like Kozmo, Cozmo implores you all to fight for your right to enjoy Festivus. We will be coming in throughout the day with special Festivus themed events including your very own Airing of Grievances, and a very special Feats of Strength.

It's a Festivus For The Rest of Us!
Comments-[ comments.]

Powered by Blogger