<$BlogRSDURL$>
The Airing of Grievances
Thursday, November 04, 2004
 
N.B.A. Fun
In case you hadn't heard, the NBA is back in action. And even though the Knicks will suck once again, I'm stoked that things are underway. Not so much for the games, but for the wonderful quotes and pearls of wisdom that are sure to abound. And less than three days into the season, the hoopers have not disappointed.

First, we have Latrell Sprewell, yeah the same guy who strangled his coach and attacked his teammate with a 2x4. Well Latrell, who's making a cool $14 million this year, was purportedly offered a three year extension for around another $27 mil. But, apparently Mr. Sprewell was none too happy with the offer:
"[That's] insulting ….I've got a lot at risk here. I've got my family to feed."
Family to feed? Gracious. Jackass of the highest order.

And then, we have the high school coach of Portland Trailblazer Zach Randolph, the same Zach Randolph who just signed an $86 million extension:

"I just don't want the day to come where I pick up that paper and it says [Zach] shot someone, or that he was shot. Every day that goes by that I don't see that, I feel good."
Gotta love the lofty expectations. The NBA. It surely is "fantastic." And I, for one, will surely be listening. Good times.

PS: Picked up the Randolph quote from the SportsGuy's N.B.A preview. If you haven't already, be sure to check it out. Excellent stuff. Part I & Part II.
Comments-[ comments.]

Powered by Blogger