<$BlogRSDURL$>
The Airing of Grievances
Wednesday, October 20, 2004
 
New York to The Heart - Deja Vu All Over Again
Tonight, I harken back to 1998. The year of the best team of our lifetime, the 1998 Yanks. The team of Paulie O. Of Bernie's great Of Girardi and Brosius, of The Straw and D. Wells and Coney.
Paulie O, Bring us luck!


In keeping with the 1998 theme, I turn the the words of two Boogie Down Poets to bring the Yanks Luck against the insufferable Red Sox. What poets, you ask. Well, of course, the immortal Lord Tariq & Peter Gunz.

[Peter Gunz]
New York to the heart, but got love for all
Lie and die in the fire, where I learned to ball
Uptown is the place where I lay my dome
On the streets of the Bronx where my fa-mi-ly roam
...
Playa haters can feel the flame from my heater
I never really liked to play a fool like that
But I love to succeed and see foes fall flat...
... splat, like Deja Vu...
[Lord Tariq]
But if it wasn't for the Bronx
this rap sh!t probably never would be going on
so tell me where you from?
Uptown baby, uptown baby
We gets down baby, up for the crown baby
Just beat the Sox, for the love of all that is good and holy, send them crying back to Boston.

That is all.
Comments-[ comments.]

Powered by Blogger