<$BlogRSDURL$>
The Airing of Grievances
Thursday, October 21, 2004
 
New MoveOn Ad
Regardless of your thoughts on MoveOn (for those not familiar, it's a very left-leaning political action committee that the Bush Administration is shit-scared of), watch this ad.

It is very simple, it is very effective. It is also very disturbing. The ad uses the clip of George Bush from the White House Correspondents Dinner in March of this year, joking about the inability (in truth, the impossibility) for anyone to find WMDs in Iraq. This speech came after David Kay. It came as the insurgency was mounting and weeks before the bloodiest month of the conflict thus far.

And it infuriated me like little else this Administration has done, and they have done plenty to piss me off. I had not started the blog then, but if I had, you would have heard plenty about it, because this sick attempt at a joke hurt me like few things have. I have three friends in Iraq, one in the Army, two in the Marines, and it made so clear to me how little our President cared about what was happening to them. Since then, every time he mentions how deeply he appreciates the sacrifice our troops make, how he mourns every loss, how he grieves with the families, I know in my heart of hearts that he is a liar.

But my thoughts are nothing compared to the story in the ad. Watch it. And, should you feel so inclined, drop the folks at MoveOn a few bucks while you're at it. We need a President that actually gets the selfless sacrifice that our troops have to make.
Comments-[ comments.]

Powered by Blogger