<$BlogRSDURL$>
The Airing of Grievances
Wednesday, October 20, 2004
 
Fuck Sprint
Unbelievable. Just unfuckingbelievable.

So, I just tried to make a call on my Sprint cellie and get some nonsense 'bout having to pay three dollars a minute for roaming charges. Sounded way weird so I decided to call my phone to see if everything was kosher. Nope. "The number you have dialed is incorrect." Not "disconnected", but incorrect. WTF!? So, I call the 800 number, deal with automatons for far much more time then I needed to, and then have some representative tell me that my account has been cancelled. Why? "The account reflects that October 10th, you requested a cancellation." "Um, no I didn't on October 10th I went into a Sprint store to get my phone turned back on." "Oh, well it says here you requested cancellation." "No, I obviously didn't. Can we get it turned back on please?" "Oh, that's going to be complicated, sir. Since your account was cancelled that basically means it expired, so it's very likely that we won't be able to turn on your account and you'll have to get a new number." "Excuse me?" "Sorry sir, but once the account is expired the number is gone forever." "So you're telling me that based on a fuck-up on your end, I'm gonna lose the number I've had for eight years?" "Sorry, sir, but that's probably going to be the case. However, since your account was only recently cancelled there is a chance that the tech folks can save it. Thing is, that process will take two to three days." "Two to three days? That's ridiculous. So what am I supposed to do in the meantime?" "Well sir, we can give you a temporary phone number." "Ok, great. Let's set one up." "Oh, one thing sir. If we give you a temporary number and your old phone number is not revived you're automatically entered into a two-year contract for the new phone." "Excuse me." "Well sir, ..." "I heard you. And honestly, I know you're not making the rules, but doesn't that sound a tad bit ridiculous?" "Sir, would you like a temporary number?" "This really is just unfuckingbelievable. Let me get this straight. Someone on your end fucks up and my phone is cancelled. The phone number I've had for eight years may be gone forever. It's going to take two to three days to figure that out. And you've offered me a temporary phone in the interim, contingent upon me entering into a new two-year contract if my old number is dead? You seriously have to be kidding me. That's fucking absurd" "Sir, would you like a temporary number?" "Umm, jackass, are you on fucking crack?"

Ok, ok, I didn't really say the last sentence, but damn sure wanted to. Anyways, things continued to go downhill, but I think you get the gist. If not, here it is in shortform: Sprint PCS sucks a friggin' fattie. Fuck 'em.

Comments-[ comments.]

Powered by Blogger