<$BlogRSDURL$>
The Airing of Grievances
Saturday, September 18, 2004
 
It Takes Brass Balls To Sell Real Estate
Given my present situation, I've been checking out a ton of real estate-related websites. One of the best (and one which might eventually make it to permalink status) is Curbed, a blog devoted to the New York City market and the craziness that is the norm therein. A fascinating development that the folks at Curbed got me wise to was the recent trend of turning closed churches into apartment buildings. I thought, "Hey, I'm an apartment seeker, maybe I'll look into this!" That is, until I took a second look at this picture:



I mean, is that creepy or what? I'm far from what you would call a religious person, but there is something slightly disconcerting about the idea of potentially getting your groove on in an atmosphere like the above. Not exactly conducive to the bachelor pad stylishness that I'm trying to go for, is it?

What else have I learned from Curbed? Just a few other interesting tidbits, like former Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein's new job as a host at the 2nd Avenue Deli. And, just why Apprentice contestant Jennifer Crisafulli has been getting some top-notch listings of late.

And what of my story? It's over. I sign a lease for a kickass 1BR on Monday, those in the know can look forward to a house-warming party sometime in the not-too-distant future.
Comments-[ comments.]

Powered by Blogger