<$BlogRSDURL$>
The Airing of Grievances
Wednesday, September 29, 2004
 
George Bush Has Made Lowering Expecations A High Art Form
So says Hurricane Al Gore, in a must read NYT Op-Ed piece with advice on how to handle The Boy King during the debates.



Speaking from his acute experience in having the debates cost him the 2000 election, Gore says that as good as Bush's debating record is, his policy record is even worse. Kerry's task will be to hammer Bush on the issues.

While I agree with the nutty professor, I'm not so convinced. I like Kerry as a debater, probably because I enjoy hearing the detailed minutia of how things work in government. Your average factory worker in Ohio could give a shit, and if Kerry comes off too wonky it's gonna hurt him. Plus all Bush has to do is play defense, so things are in his favor right now.

Either way, I'm excited to see the two candidates finally get it on. Things I will be looking for will be Kerry's body language when Bush says something stupid or childish, and Karl Rove's hand reaching out from behind the curtain to control TBK's mouth.

Comments-[ comments.]

Powered by Blogger