<$BlogRSDURL$>
The Airing of Grievances
Monday, July 26, 2004
 
We'll See How Long This Lasts
The three weeks of radio silence on my end are over. After considering, and then deciding against, Operation Shutdown for our fair blog, I'm back, reinvigorated, and ready to post.

The seven of you may be asking yourselves, "Where did he go?" Short answer: I just didn't have much to say. Long answer: I didn't have much to say, my need to be a little more productive at work required a bigger chunk of the day that would have otherwise been spent on the blog, family was in town last week, I was travelling for the rest of the week, and I've been spending more time at the gym in what seems to be a successful effort to get huge (You should see me, really - the Feats of Strength will be a cakewalk this year).

The whole process of writing for a blog is a funny one - Billmon from Whiskey Bar summed it up really well when he recently wrote his first post after an extended break:
This blogging thing is very strange - weirdly addictive once you start doing it, but easy to avoid when you're not doing it, if that makes any sense.

All I know is that for the better part of the past two weeks, whenever I even thought about firing up Movable Type and banging out some random thoughts, an unpleasant sensation would come over me and a very strong, very clear voice in my head would say something like: "Why don't you go do something else, instead?" And I would have an overwhelming urge to do just that
Ditto. But, with the DNC firing up tonight, the RNC only a few weeks away and the election itself less than four months from being cancelled, I gotta get back in the fray.

Where my TV will be tuned the next couple nights: watching out for Sweet Dick Willie tonight and The New Hotness, Barack Obama, tomorrow. More to come...
Comments-[ comments.]

Powered by Blogger