<$BlogRSDURL$>
The Airing of Grievances
Wednesday, July 28, 2004
 
Actual Conversations From My Morning
Back story: I love Dunkin' Donuts - I have an unhealthy obssession with their coffee and a day isn't complete without navigating the methadone addicts that populate the location near my office. JAS Mart is a Japanese grocery located next to Dunkin' Donuts that Work Colleague likes to get food, tea, and crazy Japanese candy from. Before today, I had no idea the store was called JAS Mart. [Summer Intern] is quite possibly the most clueless individual on the planet. I could start a blog based on their many inadequacies and have mountains of material to work with. After eight weeks in my group, [Summer Intern] is treading very thin ice and is now at the point that we can not give them projects, because every single thing we've given them to do has been screwed up. With almost no effort or overt meanness, I have, at this point, made [Summer Intern] cry twice. Still, I'm a firm believer in allowing people to redeem themselves. Anyway, on with the insanity:

Work Colleague: Hey Frank! [Summer Intern] is going to Dunkin' Donuts, you want a coffee?
Frank: Yeah, small with milk. Here's $2, thanks [Summer Intern]!

5 minutes pass, during which time, unbeknownst to me, Work Colleague asks [Summer Intern] to buy rice for her at JAS Mart.

[Summer Intern]: Frank, excuse me. You wanted coffee, right?
Frank: Yes

10 minutes later, [Summer Intern] returns, Dunkin' Donuts bag in hand.

[Summer Intern]: Frank, excuse me. They don't open until 9:00, so I couldn't get you a coffee, did you want me to go back after 9:00?
Frank: Huh? I don't understand, Dunkin' Donuts is open 24 hours.
[Summer Intern]: No, JAS Mart doesn't open until 9:00. I thought that's where you wanted coffee from.
Frank: What? What's JAS Mart? Why would I want coffee from there?
[Summer Intern]: I thought that's where you said you wanted the coffee from. I can go back...
Frank: No. No, please don't.
Comments-[ comments.]

Powered by Blogger