<$BlogRSDURL$>
The Airing of Grievances
Tuesday, June 22, 2004
 
Fahrenheit 9/11 Jibba Jabba


Apparently, Michael Moore has a new movie coming out this week. I wasn't aware.

No matter your thoughs on Mr. Moore or his movie, Christopher Hitchens has a must-read on Slate about the holes that can be driven through some of Moore's points and how they often contradict each other.

My take is this: Moore is the left's representative in the war of the talking heads, in opposition to the Coulters, Limbaughs, and Hannitys of the world. Each camp presents skewed, if not contradictory, viewpoints, leaves out inconvenient facts, and relies on cheap shots to score points and build credibility with their sycophantic, built-in audience such that that audience will continue to blindly nod their heads in agreement when they start making their more complex, and shadier, assertions. Oh yeah, I also think anybody who takes anything any of these self-proclaimed demagogues say at face value, without doing some research or thinking of their own, is a complete pinhead, beneath my consideration for a rational discussion.

I'll reserve judgement on the movie until I actually see the movie. I wish the amateur Moore critics and supporters that have been coming out of the woodwork would have the same courtesy.

Comments-[ comments.]

Powered by Blogger